COURTNEY DUNCAN: JUNIOR MX


Hello everyone, I can hardly believe it, my fourth monthly race report for KR Kids. I just finish one then I have to come up with another! Anyway, there’s always plenty to write about from my end. And if you’re like me you’ll have been training heaps and doing plenty of racing.
RECENT RIDE
One of my recent rides was at the Taupo track on the 21st and 22nd of March as part of the training squad for the World Junior MX Champs. We had a few busy couple of days training. We went through fitness testing with Ian and a track walk with DK and Nic Saunders before we jumped on our bikes for a 20 min practice and a 15 min qualifying session. We then had a break for lunch before getting back on our bikes to do 30 minutes of sprint laps ….as well as a session (believe it or not!) learning how to fall off our motorcycles safety. After that was completed the day was over.
EARLY START
The following day we had a choice of swimming, mountain biking or running, I chose the swimming which had me at the pool at 6.30am. Shortly after that we were back at the track where they split us into groups which did different sections of the track. The training was awesome and well worth it!



STH CANTY CHAMPS
The next event on the calendar for me was the South Canterbury Champs held at Cochrane’s property at Waimate. I raced two classes over the weekend – the 13-16 years and the Ladies. I would have to say the 13-16s class was more exciting. I ended up second overall behind Blue Wing Honda rider Campbell King. He won three out of the five races and I won two making the racing quite close. I managed to win the Ladies class in front of Ashlee Norman. The 8-10 year class was won by Davidson Honda rider Taine O’Callaghan and the 11-12 year class was cleaned up by Joel Meikle (also aboard his Honda), while the 125 cc class was won by KTM NZ rider Isaiah McGoldrick and the Junior 250 class by yet another Honda rider, this time, Sam O’Callaghan. That’s it for this month guys and I’ll be back next month to report on the racing. Until then take care! And make sure you read my column next month because I’ve got some REALLY exciting news to tell you!
Courtney Duncan


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates by Ourblogtemplates.com Customised by Big Dave 2010 Back to TOP